Terms of Sale
Effective Date: October 1, 2018
1. THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS.
These terms and conditions (these "Terms") apply to the purchase and sale of products through the Jack Link’s website, ww.shop.jacklinkswildside.com, (the "Site"). These Terms are subject to change by Jack Link’s (referred to as "us", "we", or "our") without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion. Any changes to the Terms will be in effect as of the "Effective Date" referenced on the Site and notice will be provided through the Site or by updating the “Effective Date” at the beginning of these Terms. You should review these Terms prior to purchasing any product that are available through this Site. Your continued use of this Site after the "Effective Date" will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to such changes.
2. Registration, Account and Communication Preferences
To access and use certain areas or features of the Site, you will need to register for a Jack Link’s account. By creating an account, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete account information, (b) maintain and promptly update, as necessary, your account information, (c) maintain the security of your account credentials, (d) be responsible for the acts or omissions of any third party who has authority to access or use the Site on your behalf, and (e) immediately notify us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to the Sites or your account.
By creating a Jack Link’s account, you also consent to receive electronic communications from Jack Link’s (e.g., via email or by posting notices to the Sites). These communications may include notices about your account (e.g., payment authorizations, password changes and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including, but not limited to, that such communications be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications from us by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. We may also send you promotional communications via email, including, but not limited to, newsletters, special offers, surveys and other news and information we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these promotional emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
3. Order Acceptance and Cancellation. You agree that your order is an offer to buy, under these Terms, all products listed in your order. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the products to you. We may choose not to accept orders at our sole discretion, even after we send you a confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered.
4. Prices and Payment Terms.
(a) All prices, discounts, and promotions posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. Price increases will only apply to orders placed after such changes. Posted prices do not include taxes or charges for shipping and handling. All such taxes and charges will be added to your merchandise total and will be itemized in your shopping cart and in your order confirmation email. We strive to display accurate price information, however we may, on occasion, make inadvertent typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time and to cancel any orders arising from such occurrences.
(b) From time to time we may offer promotions on the Site that may affect pricing or shipping and that are governed by terms and conditions separate from these Terms. If there is a conflict between the terms for a promotion and these Terms, the promotion terms will govern.
(c) Terms of payment are within our sole discretion and payment must be received by us before our acceptance of an order. We accept American Express, Visa, Discover Card, Mastercard, Apple Pay and Google Pay for all purchases. You represent and warrant that (i) the credit card information you supply to us is true, correct and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including shipping and handling charges and all applicable taxes, if any, regardless of the amount quoted on the Site at the time of your order. By providing a credit card or other payment method that we accept, you authorize us (or our third-party payment processor) to charge your payment method for the total amount of your subscription or other purchase (including any applicable taxes, shipping and other charges) (collectively an “Order”). If the payment method cannot be verified, is invalid or is otherwise not acceptable, your Order may be suspended or cancelled. You must resolve any payment method problems before we proceed with your Order. If you want to change or update your payment method information for future orders, you can do so at any time by logging into your account. If a payment is not successfully settled and you do not edit your payment method information or cancel your Order, you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the payment method, as it may be updated.
5. Subscriptions and Cancellation Policy
Subscriptions. We may offer subscription plans through which you can choose to have specific products shipped to you monthly (“Subscription”). You select the type and number of product you will receive and that will determine the amount you are charged each month. If you change your Subscription, the applicable price may also change. Changes to your Subscription may also result in changes to any applicable taxes or shipping and handling charges. If we change the prices or other charges associated with your Subscription, we will provide you with notice of such changes, such as by email or a notice posted on our Site. For more information about our Subscriptions, please visit the Snack Subscriptions on our website.
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR A SUBSCRIPTION, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (A) JACK LINK’S (OR OUR THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSOR) IS AUTHORIZED TO CHARGE YOU ON A MONTHLY BASIS FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION (IN ADDITION TO ANY APPLICABLE TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES) FOR AS LONG AS YOUR SUBSCRIPTION CONTINUES, AND (B) YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IS CONTINUOUS UNTIL YOU CANCEL IT OR WE SUSPEND OR STOP PROVIDING ACCESS TO THE SITES OR PRODUCTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS.
Cancellation Policy. YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AT ANY TIME THROUGH YOUR MY ACCOUNT PAGE. HOWEVER, ANY PORTION OF THE SUBSCRIPTION IDENTIFIED AS “ORDER PROCESSED” OR “SHIPPED” ON YOUR ACCOUNT PAGE, HAS BEEN PROCESSED AND CANNOT BE CANCELLED. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CHARGES (INCLUDING ANY APPLICABLE TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES) INCURRED WITH RESPECT TO ANY ORDER PROCESSED PRIOR TO THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION.
In the event you cancel your Subscription, please note that we may still send you promotional communications about Jack Link’s, unless you opt out of receiving those communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
6. Shipments; Delivery; Title and Risk of Loss.
(a) We will arrange for shipment of the products to you. Jack Link’s only accepts orders for shipments within the U.S. Orders to international destinations or to Puerto Rico or other US territories will not be processed. Please check the cart for specific delivery options. You will pay all shipping and handling charges specified during the ordering process. All Orders placed on the Site are subject to product availability
(b) Title and risk of loss pass to you upon our transfer of the products to the carrier. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
7. Returns and Refunds. Except for food products or other products designated on the Site as final sale, non-refundable or non-returnable, we will accept a return of products for a refund of your purchase price, less the original shipping and handling costs, provided such return is made within thirty (14) days of receipt of order and such products are returned in their original condition. For a replacement product or refund, please contact Jack Link’s Consumer Relations. Do not return a product before receiving approval from us. You are responsible for all shipping and handling charges on returned items, unless otherwise specified. You bear the risk of loss during shipment. Depending on the circumstances, we may, in our sole discretion, replace the product at our expense or provide you a full or partial refund of the purchase price of the product. Do not return food products to us without prior approval.
Any refund will be credited back to the same payment method used to make the original purchase on the Site. WE OFFER NO REFUNDS ON ANY PRODUCTS DESIGNATED ON THIS SITE AS NON-REFUNDABLE.
8. Manufacturer's Warranty and Disclaimers. We do not manufacture or control the non-food products offered on our Site. The availability of non-food products through our Site does not indicate an affiliation with or endorsement of any such product or manufacturer. Accordingly, we do not provide any warranties with respect to the non-food products offered on our Site. However, the non-food products offered on our Site may be covered by the manufacturer's warranty as may be included with the non-food product.
ALL PRODUCTS OFFERED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY (A) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (C) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU AFFIRM THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY CLAIMS OR FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE MANUFACTURER'S FAILURE TO HONOR ITS WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS TO YOU.
9. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR ENHANCED DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO, AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, REGARDLESS OF (A) WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE, (B) WHETHER OR NOT WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND (C) THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. OUR SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCTS YOU HAVE ORDERED THROUGH OUR SITE.
The limitation of liability set forth above shall only apply to the extent permitted by law.
10. Goods Not for Resale or Export. You represent and warrant that you are buying products from the Site for your own personal or household use only, and not for resale or export. You further represent and warrant that all purchases are intended for final delivery to locations within the US.
12. Force Majeure. We will not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in our performance under these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Site is operated from the US. All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Minnesota without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Minnesota.
14. Dispute Resolution and Binding Arbitration.
(a) YOU AND JACK LINK’S ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT MAY ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN YOU AND JACK LINK’S ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION, ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
(b) The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") in accordance with the Consumer Arbitration Rules (the "AAA Rules") then in effect, except as modified by this Section 14. (The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org/arb_med). The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this section. The arbitrator will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision, including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or the agreement is void, voidable, or otherwise invalid. The arbitrator will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity. Any award of the arbitrator(s) will be final and binding on each of the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
(c) You agree to an arbitration on an individual basis. In any dispute, the arbitral tribunal may not consolidate more than one person's claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitral tribunal has no power to consider the enforceability of this class arbitration waiver and any challenge to the class arbitration waiver may only be raised in a court of competent jurisdiction.
If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed, and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced.
15. Assignment. You will not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section 15 is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
16. No Waivers. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Jack Link’s.
17. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you.
(a) To You. We may provide any notice to you under these Terms by: (i) sending a message to the email address you provide or (ii) by posting to the Site. Notices sent by email will be effective when we send the email and notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current.
(b) To Us. To give us notice under these Terms, you must contact us as follows: (i) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (ii) by personal delivery, overnight courier, or registered or certified mail to Jack Link’s, Inc., One Snack Food Lane, P.O. Box 397, Minong, WI 54859 Attn: Consumer Affairs. We may update the email or address for notices to us by posting a notice on the Site. Notices provided by personal delivery will be effective immediately. Notices provided by email or overnight courier will be effective one business day after they are sent. Notices provided by registered or certified mail will be effective three business days after they are sent.
19. Severability. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.